Our standard LED tape reels are manufactured in 5m lengths – except for our 7.5 watt 24-volt RGB LED strip lights, which we produce on 10m reels as standard.
Whatever type of tape you need, we can pre-cut your order to the correct length, so your LED strips are ready to fit straight out of the box!
InStyle Custom Lengths On Order
When you order your InStyle LED strip lights in a specified length (or lengths), we will cut to the nearest tape cut-point (and solder if necessary), then label each length clearly. Spacing between cut-points varies depending on the different types of tape – from 25mm, through 50mm and 100mm, to 166mm.
|all 5-watt LED tapes||cut-points each 50mm|
|all 10-watt LED tapes||cut-points each 25mm|
|all 15-watt LED tapes||cut-points each 100mm|
|all 20-watt LED tapes||cut-points each 50mm|
|7.5-watt RGB LED tape (12v)||cut-points each 100mm|
|7.5-watt RGB LED tape (24v)||cut-points each 166mm|
We can also pack different tape lengths separately if required, for ease of understanding.
What If I Want To Do My Own Cutting And Soldering?
We can create custom-length LED strip lights for you. However, if you prefer to do your own cutting, then you’ll find it’s simple and straightforward to measure the length you need and cut at the tape’s nearest cut-point.
To cut your LED strip lights:
- Simply cut the LED tape along the ‘cut’ line
To cut your LED strip lights and attach a starter lead:
- Cut the LED tape along the ‘cut’ line
- Get your stripped starter lead cable and solder the cable to the solder pads. Make sure you solder ‘positive’ to ‘positive’ and ‘negative’ to ‘negative’ (small + and – signs are printed on the LED tape’s PCB). For RGB LED tapes, you’ll need to connect + and R (red), G (green), B (blue)
To cut your LED tape and connect it to another length of LED tape:
- Cut the LED tape along the cut line
- Cut the circular solder pads in half on both lengths of LED tape that you intend to join
- Butt both lengths of LED tape together, so the halves of the circular solder pads make a whole
- Run solder onto the circular pads until they are securely joined, to complete the circuit
Waterproof LED Strip Lights
If you choose to cut one of our IP67 tape lengths yourself, it will no longer be guaranteed water resistant… but you can fully reseal the tape back to its original protection rating by using a heat gun and heatshrink.